Weekly Newsletter ~ December 11, 2014
Don’t forget to collect your Coca-Cola product bottle caps for the Heyworth Public Library during this festive season of parties. They really add up to earn the library prizes for reading programs. Also look on the cardboard cases for Coca-Cola reward point certificates, too. Every little bit helps us provide fun and relevant incentives for our youth to read for a lifetime!
A Make It/Take It craft will be offered during December. All the supplies and instructions are provided on a central table in the library. No reservations or planning around your schedule to come to a class. During December we are offering the opportunity to make a gift bag from the pages of magazines. They are a handy way to give gifts this season and an excellent opportunity to recycle your favorite magazines.
Items we collect for our community:
- Coupons for military families overseas
- Gently used Heyworth Hornet Shirts/Sweatshirts and branded athletic gear
- Box Tops for Education coupons/Campbell soup labels/Tyson Chicken product labels
- Coca-Cola product bottle caps and reward coupons off of cases of Coca-Cola products
- HP ink cartridges
- Family Movie Night
- December 22 at 6 p.m. in the Community Room.
- We will be showing a holiday classic that is sure to please. Stop by the library or visit our website to find out the title. Plan on wearing a robe over your clothes and join the fun! Popcorn and water bottles provided.
- Knitting for Beginners
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (December 15, January 5)
- We are thrilled to offer beginning knitting! You must sign up to attend due to limited space.
- Available to anyone 4th grade and up.
- Monday Evening Book Club
- 4th Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- No meeting in December. The next meeting will be January 26. Stay tuned for the title.
- Would you like to start your own book club with a group of friends? We can help with book selection and loan the books you will need for your group. Stop by today and ask for details.
- Friday Afterschool movies
- 3:20 p.m. every Friday the library is open during the school year.
- For a listing of titles being shown please stop by the library for a flyer.
- Bring your own snack and drinks with a screw cap lid.
- Heyworth History Club Local History Programs
- Each 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. we will present a program in the library on local history.
- Our programs running January – May 2015 will be posted in the library and on our website.
- January 27: A documentary about the Interurban train (ILLINOIS TRACTION SYSTEM (INTERURBAN=ITS) will be shown.
- Heyworth History Club
- 4th Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
- All are welcome to join us in collecting and preserving Randolph Township history.
- No meeting in December. The next meeting will be January 28, 2015.
- Lego Block Party
- 1st Tuesday of each month at 3:45 p.m.
- Afterschool snack, Lego games, and creative building.
- Sign up at the library. 1st grade – 8th grade.
- Next party is January 6.
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com. If you would like to attend a program please call the library at 473-2313.
Movies out this week: Earth to Echo, Hercules, and Jersey Boys.
New Titles out this week: Tom Clancy Full Force and Effect by Tom Clancy and Mark Greaney; Scorched Eggs by Laura Childs; Hope to Die by James Patterson; and Scorpion Mountain by John Flanagan.
December Holiday Closings:
Wednesday, December 24 Closed
Thursday, December 25 Closed
Wednesday, December 31 Closed
Thursday, January 1, 2015 Closed