Weekly Newsletter ~ December 17, 2014
Join us for a Family Movie Night featuring a holiday classic next Monday evening, December 22 at 6 p.m. We will provide popcorn and water bottles and show the film in our Community Room. Plan on wearing a robe over your clothes and bring the whole family. Join the fun!
Are you following Dewey, our library elf, on Facebook this December? He has been reading a story each evening, playing with characters from the stories, and creating elfish mischief. So stop in or follow us on Facebook to see what Dewey will be doing next.
Create our Make It/Take It craft this December, a gift bag. All the supplies and instructions are provided on a central table in the library. No reservations or planning around YOUR schedule to come to a class. During December we are offering the opportunity to make a gift bag from the pages of magazines. They are a handy way to give gifts this season and an excellent opportunity to recycle your favorite magazines.
Items we collect for our community:
- Coupons for military families overseas
- Gently used Heyworth Hornet Shirts/Sweatshirts and branded athletic gear
- Box Tops for Education coupons/Campbell soup labels/Tyson Chicken product labels
- Coca-Cola product bottle caps and reward coupons off of cases of Coca-Cola products
- HP ink cartridges
- Family Movie Night
- December 22 at 6 p.m. in the Community Room.
- We will be showing a holiday classic that is sure to please. Stop by the library or visit our website to find out the title. Plan on wearing a robe over your clothes and join the fun! Popcorn and water bottles provided.
- Knitting for Beginners
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (January 5 and January 19)
- We are thrilled to offer beginning knitting! You must sign up to attend due to limited space.
- Available to anyone 4th grade and up.
- Monday Evening Book Club
- 4th Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- No meeting in December.
- The next meeting will be January 26. We will be discussing Citizens Creek by Lalita Tademy.
- Would you like to start your own book club with a group of friends? We can help with book selection and loan the books you will need for your group. Stop by today and ask for details.
- Friday Afterschool movies
- 3:20 p.m. every Friday the library is open during the school year.
- For a listing of titles being shown, look on our website or stop by the library for a flyer.
- Bring your own snack and drinks with a screw cap lid.
- Heyworth History Club Local History Programs
- Each 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. we will present a program in the library on local history.
- Our programs running January – May 2015 will be posted in the library and on our website.
- January 27: A documentary about the Interurban train (ILLINOIS TRACTION SYSTEM (INTERURBAN=ITS) will be shown.
- Heyworth History Club
- 4th Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m.
- All are welcome to join us in collecting and preserving Randolph Township history.
- No meeting in December. The next meeting will be January 28, 2015.
- Lego Block Party
- 1st Tuesday of each month at 3:45 p.m.
- Afterschool snack, Lego games, and creative building.
- Sign up at the library. 1st grade – 8th grade.
- Next party is January 6.
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com. If you would like to attend a program, please call the library at 473-2313.
New Titles out this week: Pioneer Girl (Laura Ingalls Wilder): The Annotated Autobiography; Clean Slate by The Editors of Martha Stewart Living; The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans; Co-Parenting with a Toxic Ex by Amy J.L. Baker; The Crossover by Kwame Alexander.
December Holiday Closings:
Wednesday, December 24 Closed
Thursday, December 25 Closed
Wednesday, December 31 Closed
Thursday, January 1, 2015 Closed