Library News ~ October 1, 2015
Are you part of a book club? The Heyworth Public Library can help your group get the books you are wanting. Would you like to join a book club? We offer a Monday Evening Book Club every 4th Monday of the month from 6:30 p.m – 7:30 p.m. The group is always seeking new people to attend. Monthly attendance isn’t required, just let the group know when you CAN attend. So stop in and pick up your book, large print or audio book, and give our book club a try. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson is this October’s offering. Copies are available at the circulation desk.
The Heyworth History Club is planning for the Third Randolph Township History Symposium, “History in Your Own Backyard”, and it is set for October 20th at 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the Heyworth Public Library. Please bring along anything that you may be related to the history of our area. We are especially looking for information on older homes and businesses that were in our area and those still here. Other items might include pictures, artifacts, objects, maps, documents, stories, advertisement items, or family materials. We are hoping to continue each fall to learn and gather information from each other. Refreshments provided, please RSVP by October 19. Thank you to the Limer/Dabney families for their recent donation of digital photo copies of pictures of businesses in downtown Heyworth to add to our collection.
- Family Story Time , 6:15 p.m.
- This 45 minute program is geared for pre-school through first grade, however the whole family is welcome to join in on the fun. Come explore, participate in art, and enjoy stories. (Story Time will continue each Thursday evening through October 22.)
- After School Movies, 3:20 p.m.
- Every Friday the library is open. Bring a friend and your own snack! All drinks need to have a screw on cap – no juice pouches or cans please.
October 5 & 19
- Heyworth Knitters and crafters, 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, 6:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.
- We are thrilled to offer knitters and crafters a space to create and socialize! This group is very willing to teach anyone who would like to learn to knit. We have yarn, instructions for beginning project, and needles to get you started on a new hobby. If you want to learn how to knit you must sign up to attend, so our group can have all you need ready for the evening. If you are a knitter or a crafter looking to socialize with others in our area, just show up as your schedule allows. Available to anyone 4th grade and up.
- 3rd Randolph Township History Symposium, “History in Your Own Backyard”, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- RSVP by October 19
- Monday Evening Book Club, 4th Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson
- We are always looking for new people to join us! Give us a try, we have a friendly talkative bunch. It’s a great way to meet new people in town. Books in regular and large print available as well as audiobook at the library for checkout, stop in and get yours today.
- Would you like to start your own book club with a group of friends? We can help with book selection, and loaning the books you will need for your group. Start a book club in your neighborhood today! Stop by today and ask for details.
- Lego Block Party, 4th Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m.
- November and December will meet the 3rd Tuesday due to holidays.
- Afterschool snack, Lego games, and creative building.
- Sign up at the library. 1st grade – 8th grade.
- Halloween Trick or Treat at the Library, 5 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- All kids receive a free book.
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com.
Items the library collects for our community:
- Coupons for military families overseas
- Box Tops for Education coupons/Campbell soup labels/Tyson Chicken product labels
- Coca-Cola product bottle caps and reward coupons off of cases of Coca-Cola products
- HP ink cartridges