Library News ~ December 9, 2015
The library is seeking Heyworth High School, Hey Hi yearbooks for our local history collection. Please help us spread the word and share this with fellow Hey Hi Alumni. They do get used by families preparing for reunions and by school reunion organizers. The following years are missing from our collection: 1949 (or earlier), 1950, 1956, 1957, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, and/or 1980.
- DUE DATE for the Community Angel Tree gifts. If you were not able to select an angel and would still like to give, please consider a donation to the Heyworth Community Club to pay for extras and wrapping supplies. Make a difference in a child’s life this season.
- After School Movies, 3:20 p.m. Every Friday the library is open. Bring a friend and your own snack! All drinks need to have a screw on cap – no juice pouches or cans please.
- LIHEAP, 1 pm – 4 pm. Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Outreach will be available on Friday, December 11. LIHEAP representatives will assist anyone that would like to apply for this assistance from 1 p.m. through 4 p.m. Any questions regarding this program can be asked through Mid Central Community Action at 309-829-0691.
- DUE DATE for the Great Bedtime Story Pajama Drive. The Heyworth 3rd Grade Girl Scout Troop is collecting new pajamas in all sizes from newborn to adult for children in need. New pajamas can be dropped off at each of the Heyworth Schools or the Heyworth Public Library.
- Lego Block Party, 4th Tuesday of each month at 3:30 pm. (December will be 3rd Tuesday due to holidays.) Afterschool snack, Lego games, and creative building. Sign up at the library. 1st grade – 8th grade.
- No Book Club for December –Monday Evening Book Club
- Book Club will resume on January 25 with Friendswood by Rene Steinke
- 4th Mondays at 6:30 pm. We are always seeking new people to join us! Give us a try, we have a friendly talkative bunch. It’s a great way to meet new people in town. Books in regular and large print available, as well as audiobook, at the library for checkout, stop in and get yours today.
- Would you like to start your own book club with a group of friends? We can help with book selection, and loaning books needed for your group. Start a book club in your neighborhood today! Stop by and ask for details.
- Heyworth Knitters and Crafters, 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, 6:30 pm -7:30 pm. (Hey Knitters and Crafters will not be meeting December 21.) We are thrilled to offer crafters a space to create and socialize! This group is very willing to teach anyone who would like to learn to knit or crochet. We have yarn, instructions for beginning projects, and needles to get you started on a new hobby. If you want to learn how to knit or crochet you must sign up to attend, so our group can have all you need ready for the evening. If you are a knitter or a crafter looking to socialize with others in our area, just show up as your schedule allows. Available to anyone 4th grade and up. This group is also wanting to provide blankets to a local Project Linus chapter.
- Heyworth Businesses Then and Now at 6 pm in the Community Room with a short presentation on the collected histories and pictures the Heyworth History Club have gathered to date. Join us for this informative presentation, but more importantly bring items to share to broaden our collective knowledge of local business history. Do you have a ruler, baking mitt, or magnets in your possession of previous area businesses? Or pictures of area businesses? These are the items of interest we are looking to document. Give away trinkets with the business names are items we are looking to take pictures of to document this part of our local history. Heyworth History Club, “History in Your Own Backyard” Winter Series, 6 pm – 8 pm, RSVP by January 18.
Thursday, December 24
Friday, December 25
Thursday, December 31
Friday, January 1
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com.