Back to School and Back to Library Programs
September is Library Card Sign-up Month!
Are you ready for back to school? Get your children one of the most useful back to school supplies – a library card. It is a great way to start the school year with books and eBooks at their fingertips. We also offer free Wi-Fi and children can also use our computers for homework, with parental permission, when they are eleven (11) years old and up. Library cards are not just for kids! If you live in the Heyworth Public Library District, stop in and get your free library card today. Unlock your passion for books, audiobooks, movies, cake pans, music, and so much more. We are so much larger than our walls!
Programming for this fall and beyond:
- Little Bricks & Big Ideas: Lego building sessions return this year on the third Tuesday of each month at 3:30 p.m. We welcome kids K – 8th grade to join us in building all things Lego.
- Movies @ Your Library will return every Friday afterschool beginning on September 2 at 3:20 p.m. Every Friday through May 26, 2017, we show children’s movies at 3:20 p.m. unless noted otherwise on our movie listing posted in the library. A list of titles to be shown can be found in the library and on the library’s website. Don’t forget to bring a friend, a drink with a screw-top cap, and your own snacks.
- Family Storytime will return on Thursday evenings starting September 15 at 6:15 p.m. Storytime is geared for pre-school through first grade; however, the whole family is welcome to join in on the fun. Come explore, participate in art, and enjoy stories.
- Our newest offering for fall is a TinkerSpace Lab for student’s 6th – 12th grade. Join us for a planning meeting on September 6 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss interest in having a regular program at the library designed to encourage independent exploration, creation, and tinkering.
What programs would you like to see at the library? Let us know!
Closures/Fall Tuesday Hours
September 5 the library closes for Labor Day
September 6 the library will be open 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on all Tuesdays through May 2017. All other hours remain the same.
Items the library collects for our community:
- Box Tops for Education coupons/Tyson Chicken product labels
- Coca-Cola product bottle caps and reward coupons off of cases of Coca-Cola products
- HP ink cartridges