Summer Reading Program Volunteers Needed at Heyworth Public Library
HPLD is seeking summer reading program volunteers to lead crafts or activities during our Tuesday morning children’s programming. If you enjoy working with children and have a flare for creativity, this is for you.
Please stop in the Heyworth Public Library for a volunteer application or go to our website to download and email it to email@example.com. Sign up to volunteer by June 1, 2017.
Dates and Times:
June 20, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Jedi Training Camp: Wearing costumes or Star Wars t-shirts is encouraged.
June 27, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Campfire Song Camp: Wear your best plaid shirt.
July 11, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Civil War Soldier Camp: If you play drum or fife, bonus points for your volunteer service! Coordinating a mini fife and drum corps could earn you a free lunch – see Beth Porter for details.
July 18, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Space Camp with the Challenger Learning Center: Tie dye shirts are encouraged.
July 25, 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Dinosaur Camp: Do your best to look like a paleontologist or like someone on a safari.
Summer Reading Donations needed:
- $5.00 – $10.00 food gift cards (10) from local and chain restaurants
- Quart size zipper plastic bags, 150
- Jumbo wooden craft sticks, 500
- Nerf suction cup ammo, 300 suction cup darts
- Generic Mini-marshmallows, 5 bags
- Generic Pasta seashell minis, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta corkscrews, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta spaghetti, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta penne, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta bow ties, 2 boxes
- Generic White Flour, 2, Five lb. bags
- Cream of Tartar, 1 container
- We need 3 – 4 bags of sand. MUST be clean for children to use. Donor can have sand back after summer programming.
- Star Wars posters (can be used/older posters!)
- Corn Starch, 4 boxes