Library News and Events
The Heyworth Public Library received tickets to give away to the NEW Dinos and Dragons Exhibit at the Brookfield Zoo from the Chicago Zoological Society. We will be holding a drawing through June 2 to give away five (5) family four-packs of tickets. Stop by the library to enter, one entry per day. This ticket only allows entry into the new exhibit and does not include full admission to the Brookfield Zoo, which is a separate fee.
We are liquidating our book sale materials this week through June 2. Fit all the items you can into a bag for $1.00. We need to make room for summer reading! Help us, and help spread the love of reading by gifting friends or yourself with books.
The library is still in need of supply donations for all our programming this summer. If you could help out, just drop them by the library before May 26. Your help is appreciated!
- (5) $5.00 – $10.00 restaurant gift cards to local and chain restaurants in our area
- Nerf suction cup ammo, 300 suction cup darts
- Generic Pasta seashell minis, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta corkscrews, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta spaghetti, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta penne, 2 boxes
- Generic Pasta bow ties, 2 boxes
- Generic White Flour, 2, Five lb. bags
- Cream of Tartar, 1 container
- We need 3 – 4 bags of sand.
- MUST be clean for children to use. The donor can have sand back after summer programming.
- Star Wars posters (can be used/older posters!)
- Corn Starch, 3 boxes
CORRECTION OF DATE: July 27, 2017! The First State Bank of Bloomington will sponsor Heyworth Public Library District’s end of the summer program with The Normal Storyteller, Dr. Mike Lockett, on Thursday, July 27 at 6:00 p.m. to be held at the library. Bring your lawn chairs for a fun evening. Make plans to join us by visiting our website to note dates and times of all our programming this summer!
- May 19
- After School Movies, 3:20 p.m. Bring a friend and your own snack! All drinks need to have a screw on cap – no juice pouches or cans please.
- The last After School Movie will be May 26. Summer movies will be Friday mornings at 10:30 a.m. beginning June 2 and running through July.
- May 24
- Senior Info. & Assistance, 10 a.m. – Noon. The trained staff of Community Care Systems, Inc. will be here to assist people over the age of 60 and the disabled with filing for local, state, and federal programs. Their next visit will be June 28.
- May 29
- The library will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday.
- June 1
- Summer Reading Begins! Person’s age 3 through 103 can read for prizes and sign up for programming beginning on this date. See website or stop in for more details.
- June 2
- Morning Movies, 10:30 a.m. Bring a friend and your own snack! All drinks need to have a screw on cap – no juice pouches or cans please.
- June 6
- The library will switch to its summer Tuesday hours (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) through August. All other hours of operation remain the same.
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com.