Library News ~ August 5, 2015
Are you ready for back to school? Get your children one of the most useful back to school supplies – a library card. It’s a great way to start the school year with books and eBooks at their fingertips. Library cards aren’t just for kids! If you live in the Heyworth Public Library District stop in and get your free library card today. Unlock your passion for books, audiobooks, movies, cake pans, music, and so much more. We are so much larger than our walls!
Have you dabbled in eBooks and downloadable audiobooks? We have free access to OverDrive and Axis360 with your Heyworth Public Library card. These are free apps to use on your portable devices or you can download through a computer and upload to devices that do not use Wi-Fi or apps. There have been many upgrades to the apps and software each year. If you tried it and didn’t like it, we highly recommend you give it another chance. If you have been intimidated with the technology, call the library to set up a time to have one of the staff get you started on your eRead adventure. We are happy to show you how these apps work on your device.
August 24 Monday Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m.
- The Mourning Hours by Paula Treick DeBoard
- 4th Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- We are always looking for new people to join us! Give us a try. We have a friendly, talkative bunch. It’s a great way to meet new people in town. Books in regular and large print available as well as audiobook at the library for checkout. Stop in and get yours today.
- Would you like to start your own book club with a group of friends? We can help with book selection, and loan the books you will need for your group. Start a book club in your neighborhood today! Stop by today and ask for details.
August 26 Heyworth History Club, 10:30 a.m.
- 4th Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- All are welcome to join us in collecting and preserving Randolph Township history.
September 1 Winter Hours Begin
- September through May library hours on Tuesdays will be 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. All other days/hours remain the same.
September 4 After School Movies begin again!, 3:20 p.m.
- Every Friday the library is open at 3:30 p.m.
- Bring a friend and your own snack! All drinks need to have a screw-on cap – no juice pouches or cans, please.
September 7 Library Closed for Labor Day
September 21 Heyworth Knitters, 6:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
- We are thrilled to offer knitters a space to create and socialize! This group is very willing to teach anyone who would like to learn. We have yarn, instructions for beginning projects, and needles to get you started on a new hobby.
- If you want to learn how to knit you must sign up to attend so our group can have all you need ready for the evening. If you are a knitter looking to socialize with other knitters and possibly teach new knitters, please just show up as your schedule allows.
- Available to anyone 4th grade and up.
September 22 Lego Block Party, 3:45 p.m.
- 4th Tuesdays at 3:45 p.m.
- Afterschool snack, Lego games, and creative building.
- Sign up at the library. 1st grade – 8th grade.
For all programs and more, see our website at heyworthlibrary.com.
Items the library collects for our community:
- Coupons for military families overseas
- Gently used Heyworth Hornet Shirts/Sweatshirts and branded athletic gear
- Box Tops for Education coupons/Campbell soup labels/Tyson Chicken product labels
- Coca-Cola product bottle caps and reward coupons off of cases of Coca-Cola products
- HP ink cartridges